QuickBooks error 6123 is generally seen when the user opens up a company file or at the time of upgrading the company file into the desktop. The user might also end up in this kind of issue, while taking a backup of the company file. As a consequence of QuickBooks error code 6123, the user will not be able to restore the backup of the company file. If you are also facing any such error, then this blog post can be of great help to you, as it will highlight the causes and fixes of QuickBooks error 6123.
When this error occurs you might see the following error message:
QuickBooks Error – 6123, 0
Generally, a Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
For more details, you can call us at our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-969-7370, and our QuickBooks support team will be there to fix the issue for you.
Causes of QuickBooks error 6123
There can be multiple factors leading to QuickBooks error 6123, a few of which are listed below:
- Damaged windows can be one of the reasons
- Or restoring a company file from an external storage device
- The user can also encounter this error disrupted network connection from the host server
- In case the firewall settings interrupting QuickBooks to open the company
- If McAfee Antivirus service is installed on the system
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6123
The user can easily resolve QuickBooks error 6123 by downloading QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
- And then browse the company file
- Followed by selecting check file damage only, and then diagnose file
- The next step in the process is to enter the admin password and then click on OK button.
- Once done with that, the user will have to select open file in newer version or repair file in the existing version
- And then carry out the on-screen instructions
- The last step is to reboot the system
This brings us to the end of the post, where we hope that the information shared above might be of great help to resolve QuickBooks error code 6123. However, if the problem persists, you can call us at our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-969-7370 and discuss the issue with our 24/7 QuickBooks premier support team. Our team will be happy to fix the issue for you.
Source Url: https://bit.ly/3ag2q6C