Setups to connect contacts to multiple accounts is quite easy and quick. Following are the steps to be followed:
- Go to Setup, enter Account Settings in the Quick Find box, then choose Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings, Enable the checkbox ‘Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts‘ to true.
- Once you enable the above checkbox, a message will display quoting ‘Contacts to Multiple Accounts has been enabled for your organization‘.
- Now from setup enter Account in the Quick Find box, click Page Layouts.
- Select the appropriate page layout, click Edit.
- Select Related Lists.
- Drag Related Contacts onto the page layout and click save.
Here comes creating and editing relationships between Contacts and Accounts.
- Open an Account record and Go to Related Contacts related list for creating and editing relationships. To create a new relationship click Add Relationship.
- To Edit an existing relationship, click on Edit Rel (in Salesforce Classic) or Edit Relationship (in Lightning Experience).
- On Click of Add Relationship, a form will open, fill all the required information and save the changes.