A data import with incorrect mapping has bulk updated records. The data type of an existing custom field was mistakenly changed. A problematic integration has auto-updated thousands of records. Bad code has been deployed without thorough testing. There’s been a faulty SOQL update query. A disgruntled employee has wiped out hundreds of records. Or it’s just a case of a mistaken delete. All likely causes of Salesforce data loss. And now, you, the admin, needs to restore the data. ASAP.
With Salesforce retiring its Data Recovery service last July and then reintroducing the recovery service in March this year, it would be basic security due diligence for us to take ownership of the protection of our own Salesforce data. We’ve compiled all the native Salesforce data backup and recovery options to restore both Salesforce data and metadata. In this toolkit, we detail six ways to backup and restore Salesforce data, both native and third-party. We’ve covered options for Salesforce data recovery such as Data Loader, Reports, Data Export, as well as options for metadata recovery. Read on: The Ultimate Salesforce Data Recovery Toolkit
- Basics of Salesforce Data Loss: What, Where, Why?
- Native Salesforce Data Backup and Recovery Solutions
- Salesforce Deleted Objects Bin
- Salesforce Data Export
- Salesforce Data Loader App
- Salesforce Reports
- Native Salesforce Metadata Backup and Recovery Options
- Native Salesforce Backup and Recovery For Metadata AND Data
- Disadvantages of Native Salesforce Backup and Recovery
- Third-Party Salesforce Backup and Recovery For Metadata AND Data
We hope it helps you during the stressful moments of data loss that a Salesforce admin has to face.