Are you looking for cutting-edge business intelligence and data visualization solutions? Microsoft Power BI and Google Data Studio are gaining pretty much momentum these days.
Both are of a kind where one allows you to create customized charts and reports in seconds while other one offers interactive charts with powerful business intelligence capabilities.
To get in-Depth knowledge on Power BI you can enroll for a live demo on Power BI online training
The following post provides a brief comparison between the two in regards to:
- Ease of use
- Complexity and integration
Business Intelligence (BI) is a group of architectures, techniques and activities. BI is a technology-driven process to transform raw information into useful information for analyzing and carrying out lucrative activities to assist corporate end consumers to execute their business plans for an expected SharePoint achievement.
BI has a direct effect on the strategic, tactical and operational business decisions of an organization. BI involves a broad range of tools, applications and methodologies to make a fact-based decision by following the below chronological steps on the data.
- Gather the data from inner systems and external sources.
- Prepare that data for analysis and run queries against it.
- Create reports, dashboards, maps, graphs, charts, etc.
- Make analytical results based on the data visualizations.
Importance of Business Intelligence
- BI has a direct or indirect impact on a business’s operation and profitable decision.
- BI’s primary goal is to possibly benefit business intelligence tools including accelerating and enhancing decision-making, optimizing internal business procedures, increasing operating effectiveness, driving fresh revenue, and gaining a competitive advantage over competitors.
- It is generating KPI (Key Performance Indicators) based on historical data.
- The BI systems help companies to identify market trends, identify & set benchmarks for various business processes and spot the business problems that need to address.Get more skills from Power BI training
- BI data include historical data stored in a data warehouse, as well as fresh data collected as it is produced from source devices, allowing BI tools to have a data visualization for enhancing the data quality and supporting strategic & tactical decision-making processes without sparing its quality.
- BI assists in identifying customer behavior and feedback, analyzing company performance with the past, optimizing company activities, identifying market trends and helping to address any business problems or issues.
- Initially, data analysts and other IT experts who conducted analyzes and generated query results reports for company users used BI tools mainly. It can be used more and more nowadays not by enterprises but by SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises).
The data discovery, which used to be restricted to the knowledge of sophisticated analytics experts, can now be done by everyone using these BI tools. These instruments offer perspectives into things like growth, solving pressing problems, collecting all data in one location, forecasting future results, and so much more.
There are many BI tools on the market and some of them are mentioned below. Keep in mind that these tools differ in robustness, integration capabilities, ease of use (from a technical point of view) and pricing.
Microsoft Power BI
Power BI is a business intelligence platform developed by Microsoft.
- It is a web-based business analytics tool suite which excels in data visualization.
- Power BI is robust, extensive modeling and real-time analytics tool as well as allow for custom development.
- It is allowing to connect multiple data sources for preparing dashboard or reports.
- It is providing a user-friendly interface and excellent data visualization capabilities.
- This software enables customers to integrate their applications and produce reports and dashboards in real time.
- As it is web-based, it is possible to access Microsoft Power BI from almost anywhere. It has cloud based and on-premises data warehouse.
- It targets medium-sized businesses and large enterprises.
There are main key parts of Power BI –
- Power BI Desktop – It is window desktop application to allow developer to build reports and dashboard.
- Power BI Service – It is Online Software as a Service called Power BI Service.
- Power BI Mobile Apps – It’s mobile application for iOS, Window and Android to view dashboard or reports in mobile device.
- Power BI Server – which allow us to publish reports in On-premise version, after creating reports in Power BI Desktop.
Google Data Studio
Data Studio is BI tool of the Google.
- It allows a user to create a branded dashboard with data visualizations.
- It is a fully web-based solution that enables you to produce customized graphs and reports in seconds.
- It is easy to use, customize, and share reports.
- It’s also designed primarily for consumers and small businesses.
- It provides almost widget or visual which user want to represent data. For example: Bar, Line, Geo map, etc.
- User can also change logo or image or color/size of the font in the report.
- Google data studio is providing functionality for sharing and permission same as Google Doc and Google Sheet, so user can easily share this report with another person or can configure permission on reports.
- User can also configure report as public web. So, there is no credential required to view this report.
Take your career to new heights of success with Power BI online training Hyderabad