At times, while trying to switch between single to multi-user mode, you may encounter QuickBooks Error H101. The error appears on your screen with a warning message. There are several reasons that can trigger the error code H101 such as incorrect file configuration, PC is unable to connect with the server, incoming/outgoing communication is blocked, and so on. This blog will help you get aware of the possible causes and the resolution methods that may help you fix them at the earliest.
What Are The Possible Causes Of QuickBooks Desktop Error H101?
Here, we have mentioned some of the possible causes that may bring forth the Error H101 in QuickBooks:
- You are unable to connect your personal computer with the Server.
- The correct allocation of a file is not accessible from the server.
- QuickBooks error H101 takes place if QuickBooks firewall settings block access to company files.
- When the incoming and outgoing communication gets blocked, you may end up with error code H101.
- Another reason is damaged or incorrect file configuration.
- You won’t be able to access the File on the system.
- QuickBooks is unable to track the IP address of your system.
- It takes place when the file is located in none installed server.
After getting aware of the possible causes, you can move to the resolution methods mentioned below to QuickBooks error H101.
Solutions To Troubleshoot Error H101 QuickBooks
Below we have mentioned some of the effective solutions that can help you fix QuickBooks error H101 without any hassle:
Solution 1: Verify Hosting
- In the first place, you need to open the QuickBooks software on every computer.
- After that, select the required file and then click on utilities.
- In case you see Host Multi-User Access on the list, you can move to the next PC. You don’t need to make any changes in case you see Host Multi-User Access.
- Then, select the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” icon.
- At last, you need to repeat the above-mentioned steps on every system.
Solution 2: Verify QuickBooks Services
- To begin, press the Windows +R keys simultaneously for opening the run box.
- Then, in the run box, you need to type services.MSc and press the Enter key.
- You have to scroll down and in the services window, search for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- After that, you need to make sure that the startup type is set to automatic and service status is running.
- Right after that, click on the recovery tab and then click on the drop-down menu for the first failure to choose to restart the Service.
- In case, if it fails, do the same for the Second failure and Subsequent failures.
- Click on OK to save the changes made.
- After that, repeat the steps from 1-6 for the QBCFMonitorService.
- Lastly, you need to open QuickBooks on every affected workstation, in multi-user mode.
Solution 3: Create a New Folder For Your Company File
- Firstly, you have to create a new folder and share it at the hosting computer.
- Then, set windows to get the entry for sharing company files.
- You have to copy the “.qbw file” to the new folder.
- At last, open company files in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor tool can help in detecting the error itself. Along with that, it successfully resolves several QuickBooks errors. Thus, you can download QB File Doctor on your system and once it is installed, you can run the program. It will surely help you fix the H101 error in QuickBooks.
We hope the resolution methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks error H101 without any hassle. If you need any further assistance, we suggest you give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1-855-948-3651 and get in touch with our experts.