Deployment is a process for making changes or moving API components from one organization to another organization, after completion of logic which we are developing for the business process by a configuration or customization process and unit test for classes and triggers. For deploying Component, production needs at least 75% of your Apex code coverage from your unit test.
The Following Steps must follow for deployment:
- Announce a maintenance window before you start.
- Stop all setup changes on production.
- Create a staging environment.
- Migrate changes to the staging environment.
- Change environmental dependencies and services from testing settings to production values.
- Lock users out of the application.
- Test deploy.
- Deploy to production.
- Unlock the production organization
There are many ways for Deployment:
A. Standard Salesforce feature changesets
(When two organization Connected with each other )
–> Only possible between SandBox and Production environment.
B.Using the Apache Ant Migration tool
(When two organization don’t Connect each other )
–> Possible in every Environment.
C. Force.com Eclipse Editor.
A package is a container of various Salesforce components and elements. It is used to transfer these elements from one Salesforce organization to another.