Salesforce CRM is a valuable tool in a tech stack for businesses, but its implementation can be a tricky affair unless careful thought & consideration has not gone into it. In this blog, we list the considerations or best practices that must be adhered to so that the implementation project achieves the goals it is intended for. Happy reading.
Here are the best practices for a smooth & efficient Salesforce implementation:
- Define your business objectives for opting for Salesforce implementation services. Clarity on part of the business/company is important for undertaking any activity. Unless that is known to all, projects end up losing steam or even failing. Now that’s not ideal. So before opting for Salesforce implementation services, the staff should know the business goals & objectives that will be taken care of by the CRM. Goals could be more revenue, efficiency, productivity, or innovation.
- All concerned teams should be roped in. Nothing you do unless every stakeholder team is on board with the project. As it’s meant for them and their success, they need to be part of the project ( start to finish ). A committee with representation of all needs to be set up. This is a best practice that needs to be adopted at the very beginning. This also ensures the adoption of the tool as part of Salesforce implementation services.
- Hire the best Salesforce partner. Do everyone a favor including yourself by tying up with a professional. They know their job. You focus on yours. Let them handle it A to Z. This way they can address the tech side of the project. All bumps, glitches, etc. will be theirs to handle.
- Establish project plan and timelines. The Salesforce consulting partner and the committee/team of stakeholders prepare a plan of action with a practical/doable list of timelines for various tasks and phases. This has to be prepared with everyone’s consent so that all are on board during the project.
- Budget. The business should have a set defined budget for the project and about 10-15% extra set aside as a buffer in case the need arises. This is important so that the Salesforce implementation services projects smoothly. Your budget should account for the following – Licenses, fees of the Salesforce implementation services partner, cost of customization, data migration, training, and support services as well as maintenance. One should not go overboard and only factor in the must-have tools & features.
- Be clear on integration with other tools, apps, and systems. One of the highlights of Salesforce CRM is its easy integration with a wide range of available tech tools such as MS Outlook, WhatsApp, and so on. So in advance with the consultation of the Salesforce consulting partner, select the tools you need for success.
- Set up training and support services. The Salesforce implementation services partner needs to provide training for teams that ensure adoption. Also, they must be contracted to provide 3 to 6 months of support that adds to the comfort level.