Here are some tips for designing a kitchen according to Vastu Shastra:
1. Location: The kitchen should ideally be located in the southeast corner of the house. This is because the element of fire, which is associated with cooking, is said to be in harmony with the southeast direction.
2. Direction of cooking: The person cooking should face east while cooking. This is believed to bring positive energy and good health.
3. Placement of appliances: The gas stove should be placed in the southeast corner of the kitchen. The sink should be in the northeast corner. The refrigerator should be placed in the southwest corner.
4. Storage: The storage cabinets and shelves should be placed on the southern and western walls of the kitchen.
5. Colors: The colors used in the kitchen should be bright and cheerful. Yellow, orange, and red are considered auspicious.
6. Lighting: The kitchen should be well-lit with natural light. Artificial lighting should be bright and white.
7. Cleanliness: The kitchen should be kept clean and free of clutter. This is believed to promote good health and prosperity.
By following these Vastu tips, you can create a kitchen that is not only functional but also promotes positive energy and good health.