Pros & Cons of Wet Shaving
First, let us look at the advantages of wet shaving compared to electric shavers.
- Almost by definition, wet shaving will give you a closer shave. In the long run, a wet shave is better for the skin. Shaving “software” (cleanser, cream, aftershave) will make you look younger and healthier.
- Wet shaving can remove a minimal amount of skin surface layer. It is actually a good thing because it can remove fine dust and debris from the skin.
- Wet shaving best shaver for women are smaller, lighter and more comfortable to store or transport than electric dry razors.
- Is there no reliable power source to run or charge the electric shaver? Then, the manual wet shaving razor can serve you.
- A wet shave is less expensive than the initial period. Although the cost of refilling the blade box may keep up with your needs in the future, choosing a lower-priced blade replacement (such as an old-fashioned double-edged razor blade) can alleviate the problem.
- It is the main PRO for many people. Wet shaving products have various fragrances, which can make the shaving process more exciting and pleasant. Some people use shaving brushes to increase this experience. No matter which razor you use, please choose a high-quality cream. Do not use foam in a pressurized tank (propellant will dry the skin). Use the creamy stuff in the squeeze tube. The result will be significantly better.
Of course, this is not to say that wet shaving is a universal solution. There are also some “disadvantages”:
- Wet shaving requires a source of water.
- Wet shaving takes more time than using an electric shaver like butterfly kiss shaver, and the learning curve can be a bit scary for some people.
- As mentioned earlier, although the initial cost of a manual shaver may be very low, the cost of certain cartridges may increase in the long run.
- Generally, you can run an electric shaver for several years without having to change the blade head. Manual razor blades and cartridges become dull after a short period. It may take a week or a month, but eventually, you will have to rebuy the blade.
- Well, if you accidentally use a manual razor, you may get scratches or cuts even with the best shaving cream. If you are prone to bleeding (for example, a person who uses thinner), it is best to stick to an electric razor instead of using a “baby butt” appearance.
What About After the Shave?
Don’t forget to clean and properly maintain the tools after shaving. Watch out for other people using the area. It’s time to consider aftershave products. If you are using an electric shaver, skincare after shaving may be more comfortable. Just keep healthy skin well moisturized. After using a manual razor for a wet shave, you may need to be more thorough because the shaving process will remove a little bit of skin. Aftershave can be divided into two categories: splash and balsam. Both are runny noses and usually contain cleansing ingredients and provide a certain degree of antiseptic or antibacterial protection to the skin.