Prescription sleeping medication as Rozerem seems to promise without the issues of dependence and rebound insomnia. However, individuals consistently look to OTC sleep aids as alternatives. These might not boast the same effectiveness as prescription sleeping medication as well as the hangover side effects of theirs are infamous. Listed below are the five actual reasons observed why OTC sleep aids continue to be very popular.
1. It’s possible. That is evident. The most popular people will be the antihistamines that have FDA’s approval to be used as OTC sleep aids so that you do not need to have a doctors’ prescription. It is a recognized fact today that getting the occasional or transcient insomnia due to work or maybe lifestyle circumstances is typical. OTC sleep aids are recognized to be useful in such situations. The only trouble is the fact that some folks might start to rely on them from habit and take them long term instead.
It is convenient.
2. There are much less surprises. These antihistamines have existed for a while, a lot longer than the popular prescription sleeping medications like Lunesta and Ambien. Antihistamines are decades old while non-benzodiazepines as Ambien emerged in the 1990s. Thus, the likelihood of unknown hazardous side effects is significantly lower for antihistamine OTC sleep aids.
At this time there are less surprises.
As it is, doctors are generally wary of new sleeping drugs which have not stood the test of time. This’s among the two major objections from prescribers that any drug provider faces when marketing a fresh medication. Painful lessons happened to be learnt together with the withdrawal of medications as Vioxx, the painkiller as well as Avandia for diabetic issues.
It must be seen however that supplement OTC sleep aids differ from antihistamines. Supplements do not require FDA approval as non-prescription sleep aids and therefore, long lasting security have not been documented all along.
3. The lesser evil. The negative effects of OTC sleep aids are deemed the decreased evil. Many people put up with the infamous hangover complication or even have merely used the way they take the OTC sleep aids e.g. smaller doses or perhaps sleep longer and earlier. Granted these hangovers as well as other related side effects can be serious for best testosterone cypionate some people. However, next day drowsiness appears to be much less bizarre than instinctively sleepwalking on prescription sleeping medications. FDA has recently recommended which stronger alerts have been added to sleeping medications’ labels about these unwanted effects which could be life threatening.
The lesser evil.
4. Cheaper than a can of coke. An OTC sleep tool bills just 30-40 cents compared to Lunesta at $3-$4 a tab. Consumers are glad to resolve the sleeplessness of theirs at lower cost and lower risks. Cost is surely a major deciding factor if the additional advantages of prescription sleeping medication don’t measure up to the price difference.
Cheaper than a can of coke.
5. Instant lifestyle. Change is constant and quickly for this sleepless 24/7 generation. We would like both instant gratification and immediate ways for our stress filled lives. OTC sleep aids are readily pocketed along with our Ipods as well as Blackberrys.