A comprehensive document that outlines our overall marketing plan. It is a blueprint that outlines how we will implement our marketing strategy, and use a combination of resources to achieve business objectives including lead targets and website organic traffic.
Steps to Developing a Marketing Plan:
- Defining Our Brand
- Defining Our Target Audience
- Defining Our Business Goals
- Conducting a Marketing SWOT
- Defining Our Right Digital Marketing Methods
- Strategy for Measuring Our Results
- Keyword Research:
Keyword research for finding & analyzing better keywords related to websites which can help content strategy as well as long term marketing strategy. More ads mean higher commercial intent.
- Identify list of words relevant to business & making keywords universe.
- Opportunity Keyword” or “Related Keywords” or “LSI keywords”
- Autocomplete Keywords
- Questions Keywords
- Expand the list
- Prioritize list
- Categorize priority keywords
- Identify preferred landing pages
We are using tools to performing keywords research
- Google Keywords Planner
- Keyword Gap Analysis
Analyzing & finding keywords that drive traffic to our competitors, but not to our website which helps valuable keyword opportunities that we are missing out on.
Keywords Gap Analysis
- Backlink Gap Analysis
Analyzing & identifying website lists which websites are linking to our competitors, but not to us.
Backlinks Gap Analysis
- Analyze Google’s First Page
- Analyze Google’s first page using “Opportunity Keyword” or “Related Keywords” or “LSI keywords”
- Voice Search Optimization Strategy
- Optimize Your Business Listings completely including your description, business hours, name, address, and phone number
- Apple Maps
- FAQ page
- Content Focus on Questions Phrases (like talking to a someone)
- Content Focus to Provide Answers
- Focus on using conversational (Voice queries contain conversational words and are longer)
- Use natural-sounding language
- Target long-tail keywords phrases
- Think about user intent
- Focus on action queries
- Website must be fast, mobile-friendly, and secure
- Describe the neighborhood (use the search query for “things to do near me”)
Notes: We use short phrases to find information by typing in a search engine because it saves physical effort. If we use voice search, we will probably ask a question, like “Which restaurant is best?” So you need to think how your audience speaks about your business, products, and services.
Content is king. Your website is really just a wrapper for your content. Our website content tells prospects what we do, where we do it, who we have done it for, and why someone should use our business.
What & where we do it.
Why someone should engage with our business.
Optimize our marketing content including case studies, portfolio entries and testimonials.
- Create Something Different & Better
“The Skyscraper Technique”
- We can create something different.
Like X ways to buy real estate property
How to buy property in noida?
- We can create something better.
- Use a Mobile-Friendly Design
- Optimize For User Intent
- Visual Content
- Graphs and Charts
- Stat as text
- Stat as graphic
- Blog Post Banners
- Improving and Updating our Content
- Increase Domain Authority
- Build Links to Page
- Broken Link Building
- Referring domains
- Building a Community on Site
Comments can help our rankings and a community indirectly helps with SEO but blog comments may be a direct Google ranking factor. Because community members are more likely to share stuff on social media.
- Add webhook
A webhook is a way for websites to send out notifications to your visitors once an event happens.
- We need to figure out why people link to content in our industry.
- We can create something new
- We can create case studies for getting links but need to feature a specific result.
- Content Syndication
Content syndication is when a piece of web-based content is republished (i.e. syndicated) by another website. Content syndication can be an excellent source of referral traffic.
Content doesn’t need to be visual to be effective. Podcasting is an audible form of content that is excellent for brand building and growing an audience.
- Build an Opt-In Email List
- Contests and Giveaways
- Affiliate and Associate Programs
- Maintain a Blog
- Website Analysis/Audit
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Technical SEO
Technical SEO can ensure that a search engine can read our content and explore our site.
Tools like Screaming Frog can explore your website and highlight technical problems.
Can a search engine explore our website?
Clear about which pages the search engine should index.
Site must be mobile friendly.
Page load times are a crucial factor.
Content structured on our website.
- On-Page SEO Activities:
Shows search crawlers what a website is about. That helps search engines to see that a page is a good search result because it is relevant and useful.
- Title Tag
- Meta Tag Optimization(Meta Description)(Unique Meta Descriptions)
- H1, H2 Tags (Headline Optimization)
- Call-to-actions (CTAs)
- Good user experience (UX)
- Social Proof
- Internal Linking (Linking to other pages on website)
- External Outbound Linking
- Keyword Analysis and Optimization
- URL Optimization
- Image Optimization
- Content Optimization
- OG Tags
- Canonical Tag
- 301 Redirects
- SEO Friendly URLs
- Landing Page Optimization
- Structured Data implementation and testing
- Responsive across various devices
- Sitemap.xml (Submit to Google Search Console)
- Sitemap.html (Optional)
- robots.txt file
- .htaccess file
- Off-Page Optimization Activities/Authority Building/Link Building
Shows search crawlers that a website is important and valuable. That helps search engines to see that a page is a good search result because the brand and website are authoritative and popular.
- Creating Shareable Content
- Guest Posting (Contribute as Guest Author)
- Link Building
- Image Submission
- Video Submission
- Document Sharing
- PPT Submission
- Forum Submission
- Event Submission
- Web 2.0 Submission
- Question and Answer
- Social Bookmarking
- Article Submission
- Search Engine Submission
- Social Media Engagement
- Bookmarking Submission
- Classified Submission
- Press Release Promotion
- Infographics Submission
- Local Directory Submission
- Local Listings & Yellow Pages
- Influencer Outreach
- Google My Business
- Hosting webinars (Webinars are basically online mini-courses.)
- Content Syndication
- Podcasting (We can create our own podcast or appear on someone else’s podcast.)
Notes: Building authority, involves link building & links is a crucial part to developing strong organic rankings. Make sure to build the kind of real links that make sense in the real world and won’t upset the qualitative and sometimes punitive parts of the algorithm. Content should deserve to rank and deserves to be linked to.
- Email Marketing
For fast results, email marketing is effective and easy to measure the results. We can have a variety of email marketing depending on our needs.
- Contact Management and Unsubscribe Facilities
- Email and Newsletter Creation
- Manage Email Id
- Lead magnets
- A/B testing emails
- Paid Marketing
- Google Ads
- YouTube Advertising
- Facebook Advertising
- LinkedIn Advertising
- Programmatic Advertising
SEO Guidelines for News Websites https://timesproperty.com/news
Common Off-page factors for News Website:
- Google Search Console – URL Inspection Tool
URL Inspection Tool is a fairly comprehensive tool that allows webmasters to get instant feedback about how Google perceives certain aspects of a webpage.
- Optimize for Crawl Speed
When it comes to news websites, we want our pages crawled and indexed fast by Google. There are several SEO factors that can help with crawl speed, including site speed, hosting performance and XML sitemaps.
- Backlinks: Link Building With Off Page SEO
Authority of the linking domain and linking page is a very important factor in ranking. If some other news website directs to our website, it is considered with high regards. It is the trust shown by the other linking site, which passes “TrustRank” our website.
Newsletters are a very good option to improve our SEO. Sending automated newsletters to your readers, with new and best articles may drive significant traffic to our website.
- Social Media:
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and many other potential websites could be used to update our news and content to generate brand awareness.
- Facebook Instant Articles:
New concept initiated by Facebook recently for publishers to publish their articles directly from their content management system.
- Google News Publisher Center:
We don’t need to sign up through the Publisher Center to be in Google News rankings, but it does provide content and branding control.
- Get Rid Of Unnecessary Content
Make sure Google crawlers are not spending a lot of time indexing excessive and unneeded content on your website.
- Make Content Updates When Necessary
News articles can be updated to provide readers with the latest content. These updates can also help to boost our SEO. Make sure you always provide the most current news by making these updates instead of adding a new article.
- News sitemaps needs to respect some rules:
- Update our news sitemap continually with fresh articles as they’re published;
- Don’t create a news sitemap per new article, but rather update our existing sitemap;
- Google News sitemap:
- Create news sitemap according to News sitemap guidelines. https://support.google.com/news/publisher-center/answer/9606710?hl=en&visit_id=637459237412706846-511569164&rd=1
Notes: A printed publication running every day or weekly can include their website address on each page visible at the bottom, to gain more audience online.
Ways for successful local SEO
- Optimize Our Google My Business Account
- Google My Business profile
- Google My Business image
- Google My Business Posts
- Accurate and up-to-date information
- Encourage our customers to review our business online & respond sincerely to reviews
- Include logo, hours of operation, acceptable payment methods, the product or service you sell.
Note: Google says it’s okay to ask your customers for reviews while Yelp actively discourages it.
- Optimize for Voice Search
- Traditional question starters (who, what, when, where, why and how).
- Content Based on Local News Stories or Events
- Optimize Our Website for Mobile
- Local Keywords
Your keywords should be relevant to local customers. It only makes sense, doesn’t it?
- Dedicated Pages for Location/Product/Service
Location pages are a must if our business has more than one location in an area.
- Name, address, phone number & hours
- Individualized descriptions
- Google Maps attached to each location page
- Multiple locations must be to create unique content for each page
- Online Business Directories
Online business directories like Yelp, Foursquare, MapQuest, and YellowPages etc
- High-Quality Backlinks
Link signals (backlinks pointing to our site) are most important factors for snack pack or local pack results then for localized organic results.
Basic optimization suggestion for Lead Generation
- Page Speed Optimization required for mobile version & desktop version.
- Serve images in nextgen formats like JPEG 2000, JPEG XR, and WebP often provide better compression than PNG or JPEG, which means faster downloads and less data consumption.
- Reduce server response times
- a/b testing & multivariate testing
- Include trust badges or seals.
- Offer relevant copy
- Keep Important Information Above the Fold
- In short & simple demonstrate how our services uniquely solve client problems and why we are the best and most knowledgeable agent
- A Fantastic Image: Pages with images of real people performed 34% better than stock photos of people & make sure they’re of the highest quality to ensure our potential leads react positively to our page.
- An Answer to a Frequently Asked Question
- Use Statistics and Timing: “Submit” feels clinical and boring and doesn’t feel like urgency. Try button messaging like “Sign Me Up” or “Get it Now” to convey a conversational tone. so always use statistics and timing words, like “Call now!” in your copy
- Free Content Landing Pages: “Download our free guide” works better than “Download the guide.”
Things to Look for When Conversion Rate Drops
- Check for Site Errors
- Check for On-Site Changes
- Review Your Pricing
- Analyse Traffic Sources
- Check Your Products
- Review Your Ads
- Check Seasonality Trends
- Check Your Payment Gateway
- Check Your Tracking Code
- Test Site Speed
Google uses following these metrics to measure authority & helpfulness
- Quality Content
- High Quality Links
- User Testing Score
- Domain Rank
- Content Age
- Social Signals
- Page Load Speed
- Internal Links
- Images & Videos
- Outbound Links
Search engines give links varying levels of value depending on the:
Linking site’s authority: Links from more authoritative sites have more value.
Relevance of the content on the linking page to the linked site: Links from pages that are relevant to your brand, industry, and linked content have more value.
Anchor text of the link: Links with anchor text that is relevant to your brand or content on the linked page have more value.
Number of links to the linking site: Links from sites that have a large backlink profile have a higher value.
Page Authority: Interlink low authority pages with high authority pages but must be relevant pages.
Target Keyword: Target Primary Keywords for Each Page
Keyword-Rich Anchor Text: High authority pages use keyword-rich anchor text in your internal links
Semantic SEO: Optimize content for Semantic SEO
Related Keyword: Use related to target keyword & LSI keywords in contents
Keyword-Rich URLs: Short, Keyword-Rich URLs
Awesome Content: Make Content Look Awesome using Graphs and Charts etc.
Focus on gaining high-quality backlinks from authoritative sites, with relevant content and relevant anchor text.
- 4 Pillars of SEO:
- Technical SEO: How well your content can be crawled and indexed.
- Content: Having the most relevant and best answers to a prospect’s question.
- On-Page SEO: The optimization of your content and HTML.
- Off-Page SEO: Building authority to ensure Google stacks the deck in your favor.
Tips to make our website more SEO-friendly
Make our URLs user friendly
First of all, even if the URL structure of your website might not be your ultimate priority, it is still very important. Simplify your URLs so that you have unique ones for each page. Don’t neglect the finer details! You can check our last article on that subject.
Avoid Duplicate Content
We will probably never say this enough but duplicate content is leading to SEO issues that will penalise your rankings especially when it comes to internal duplicates. Always check for duplicate content and even for near duplicates to keep your SEO top notch.
Create a XML Sitemap
The XML sitemap helps search engines understand your website’s structure when they are crawling it. As you pass more data to Google, you can also determine the pages that are the most important and valuable to you and give them priority.
Make it compatible for all devices
Your website and your content must be optimized for all types of devices that users could use, so that they can enjoy a good user experience when consulting it. There are many tools that can help you with the mobile-friendliness of your website, once you have decided which solution (between responsive and mobile) to implement.
If there are pages on your website that you don’t want crawled in order to not waste your entire crawl budget, you can use robots.txt. It will tell the search engines’ bots the pages that cannot be crawled. Remember to update the robots.txt file if you decide to restructure your website!
Focus on internal linking
Internal linking helps building page authority and allows your readers to navigate easily within your website. If you provide them with further relevant reading options, they will be tempted to stay on your website longer.
Optimize our images
Images are a crucial part of your website but they can sometimes be overlooked when it comes to SEO optimization. Some tricks can be easily implemented to have perfectly optimized images.
Answer to comments
Managing the comments received by your readers is important and essential as it allows you to have a thriving community. Whether their comments are positive or negative, it shows that your content is worthy of their time and that they are reading it.
Avoid Keyword stuffing
Keywords represent the foundation of your website and your SEO strategy. Even if your goal is to rank on a specific term, avoid any type of keyword stuffing strategies as it can potentially damage your rankings.
Check for our orphan pages
As crawlers follow links when they crawl a website, it is important to check that all your pages are properly attached to your website structure. Thanks to OnCrawl’s crossed analysis, you can detect your orphan pages and see the ones that are active and inactive and thus optimise your overall structure.
A page without any links to it is called an orphan page.
In order for Google and other search engines to index your pages, they need to know they exist and where.
This is usually accomplished in one of two ways:
The crawler follows a link from another page.
The crawler finds the URL listed in your XML sitemap.
- broken/incorrect canonical tags
- site/page failures/outages (40x, 50x etc)
- duplicate content (Google choosing to index one page over another because they are overly similar)
- incorrect or broken redirects
- orphaning pages (no or very little internal navigation)
- accidental application of meta noindex
- accidental blocking by robots.txt
- lowered crawl allocation due to poor site reputation
- too many navigational links are broken (broken internal navigation will be seen as poor UX and may result in pages being removed from index
AMP is an open source HTML framework developed by the AMP Open Source Project. It was originally created by Google as a competitor to Facebook Instant Articles and Apple News. AMP is optimised for mobile web browsing and intended to help web pages load faster.
- Monitor AMP Pages Regularly via Search Console
- Identify Errors in AMP Pages Using Google Search Console
Common AMP Errors & How to Fix Them
1. Content Mismatch Error
2. Missing Embedded Video Error
3. Invalid Attribute Error
4. Prohibited Attribute Error
5. Mandatory Tags Missing
You start by researching popular trends, topics, and already well-received pieces of existing content across the topic areas your business typically covers. Then, you look for new and unique ways to create content that communicates a similar message with a twist. This might mean that you leverage a new, more engaging medium, update the statistics, or employ a better design.
Once you’ve created a new and improved piece of content, reach out to the folks that have already linked out to similar content to put your piece on their radar and hopefully earn a link.
This technique works really well for a few reasons:
- There’s already demand.
- You’re dealing with a primed audience.
- There’s serious ranking potential.
6-Step Checklist for Using the Skyscraper Technique
1) Research and uncover opportunities.
2) Build a list of potential distribution partners.
3) Create better content.
4) Promote to your audience.
5) Reach out to the right people.
6) Stay current.